Help Fund Our Adoption, Please!

My husband and I are adopting a baby (or 2) from the US and it's a very costly process, so if you or anyone you know if willing to help, we would greatly appreciate it!
Any amount helps. Thank you!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mom's Birthday Cake

My Mom's Birthday Cake:



** Fudgy, chocolate, 2-layer cake with chocolate chips, with mint buttercream frosting between the layers, topped with chocolate ganache frosting, and buttercream flowers & vines**

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
From the start of icing to the finished product:


- chocolate ganache (semi-sweet chocolate and heavy cream)...very easy to make and pour over the cake for a smooth shiny finish


-Using a round tip, i piped these vines on with light green buttercream icing


- Using a leaf tip, I added the leaves to the vines (if you use a coupler, you can change back and forth from the round tip to the leaf tip and use the same icing bag)


- The night before I covered cardboard with wax paper and made these pink flowers using the flower tip and pink butter cream icing, then left them covered overnight to harden



- A attached the premade flowers with a dot of buttercream icing, and that's it...it's done!







5 comments:

  1. Amazing! I'm sure it tastes great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish I could make something like this!
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful cake! Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had a birthday- Why didn't I get a cake like this! LOL This look so yummy! jacquecurl1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. prettty! which leaf tip did you use #67?

    ReplyDelete

Cake Slide Show